Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rib and Stripe Scarf

At play with three skeins of Kureyon (Noro), following the shifting combinations of rust, black, brown, green, green, and green. A pacific evening or two, in k3, p1. Before washing, as one knits, the stiff yarn grows into a recalcitrant sea cucumber--how I know this without ever working with a sea cucumber? But a softening wash and blocking dissipate the worry that I'd be sporting marine life in winter.

Now, onward through a Central Park Hoodie, in Jamieson's Shetland Heather. Since I'm now teaching the Hoodie at Knitting Etc., and since why not?, and since someone's got a birthday upcoming, this is a sensible, pleasing whim. I also don't quite know what to do with some new and prominent batches of Noro staring at me; so, in the mean while....

No comments: